Avery's book of poems

Monday, February 1, 2010

The new Mr. & Mrs. Lemieux

My little brother Clinton got married this weekend to his sweetheart Paige in the Rexburg Idaho temple. My family traveled the 16+ hours to get there in the freezing cold weather. My family all came with grandpa and grandma. A.J. had to work, so Jackson stayed home with him Grammy and Wendy between the three of them I think they handled Jackson pretty good.
We left Tuesday and stayed the night in Severe Utah at the Stock's home (thank you). That was so nice to have a good meal and warm bed to sleep in. We woke up to snow falling in the morning and drove the rest of the way on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday were all a blur. Between the bridal shower, temple, luncheon and reception we were pretty busy.
Friday night at the reception we drove up to the church and I was helping Avery out of the car. I hear a little squeaky voice that sounds like Jackson. I turn around and A.J. and Jackson are standing there in the snow covered parking lot smiling. He had gotten a flight into Salt Lake and rented a car to meet us in Driggs. SURPRISE! It was so nice of him to come and spend the night with us and see Clinton & Paige on their special day. I am kind of jealous though because him and Jackson also got to fly home.
Anyways here are a few pictures of our trip...
Don't they look happy!

This is the view outside of my Uncle Jere & Aunt Karen's house.

The Teton's
Avery @ the Rexburg temple.

Avery waiting outside the temple. She wanted to go in so bad and when I told her that she gets to she was so excited. I took her into the waiting room in the temple with the rest of the kids. Then I said okay "I will be right back, I am going to another room and you wait here till I get back." Her eyes started to get teary, she couldn't understand why she couldn't go. She said, "I will be good." "I will be quiet Mommy." It took some persuading (candy) but she ended up being okay.
We all loved meeting Paige's family they were all so nice and friendly to all of us. We are glad Paige is in our family. And happy to be back home where the sun shines!!!

5 comments:

Channy said...

I love the Teton! I can't beleieve that AJ did that. How was his flight with Jackson?

Mariley Johnson said...

What a sweet surprise from your boys!!

Rose said...

Wow I cant' believe AJ did that either, that was awesome.

aj&brittney said...

He said he had to keep telling him to be quiet. And Jackson told him he had to go to the bathroom A.J. said, "um you wear diapers". I think he just wanted to check out the bathroom.

Lyndsay Winters said...

Go AJ! Sounds like a great trip. Congrats to Clinton. And I love that Jackson was asking to use the bathroom on the plane. He should have let him use it. Maybe he could have potty trained him on an airplane!